Thursday 14 November 2013

Inspiring Vintage-style Bathrooms

Upheaval has been the word of this week as I have been having my bathroom redone. Isn’t it funny how changing one room ends in chaos throughout the rest of the house?!


We discovered a leak from our shower soon after we moved in (over a year ago!) but hoped that a bit of silicone sealant and quick showers would get us through – well folks, it didn’t...! 




After water started to come through the kitchen ceiling from upstairs we decided that we better have somebody come out and have a look. 
Of course there was the usual ‘hmmmm-ing’ and ‘hahhhh-ing’, before it was thought that the best plan would be to take all of the tiles off the wall and have a good look behind them. What we discovered was a leak which had been temporarily repaired by the last owners of the house (thanks for that!), which had steadily been getting worse.


Every step of the process it seems as though things have been against us – but finally the shower is back in, new tiles have been fitted, and the whole bathroom has had a lick of fresh white paint.



Although it looks very stark and cold it has been a bit of an eye opener to remove everything – a bit like having a blank canvas to start again with. Of course we didn’t change the big things; the bath, sink and flooring – but we have realised how much difference all the accessories can make to a room!


Today I thought I would share with you the pictures which have inspired me when I have been thinking about my new bathroom. It is quite a modern room compared to the original features in the rest of the house, so I would like to inject a vintage theme and make it a warm, romantic and relaxed space.






I found all of these inspiring rooms on Pinterest by searching for ‘vintage bathrooms’.


What is your favourite bathroom theme? Have you got any ideas of how can I add a touch of vintage glamour to my room?

Until next time,

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment