Thursday 25 April 2013

On the tiles


When I first moved into my house one of my favourite features were the fireplaces which all had beautiful coloured tiles. I think they are genuine vintage Victorian – but they could just be reproduction – either way I love them! Is there a foolproof way for novices to find out?!

The previous owner had used the colours in the tiles to decide the colour scheme of the rooms – think retro mustard yellow, deep forest green and scarlet walls! I prefer to keep all of the walls neutral which I think makes the colours in the tiles ‘pop’ more.

These are the tiles in my home...
Plus a few which I have recently ‘discovered’ on Pinterest!




I love the colours, the patterns and the mismatched style of these tiles.


This sky blue colour screams vintage chic!


I have tried to persuade my boyfriend that these would make an amazing sink splashback in the bathroom when we finally get round to redecorating it...but as yet he remains totally unconvinced. Don’t worry – I’ll keep working on him!

Until next time, K x

No comments:

Post a Comment