Wednesday 16 October 2013

Deli-cious in Dorset

Last month I went to beautiful Dorset to stay with my mum for a week, and the OH and I got to spend the entire week exploring by ourselves – heaven! There is nothing better than a little day trip somewhere new (and the chance to discover a new vintage shop which might have a treasure tucked away for me!).

One place which I definitely have to tell you about is a little deli / cafe which we went to in Wimborne Minster. The town itself is worth a visit – it has lots of lovely shops situated around the Minster - and has such a quaint feeling to it! No.9 On The Green is situated just opposite the Minster itself, so you have a lovely view whilst sipping your cup of tea!  
 
When you walk into the cafe you are greeted by a counter choc full of yummy looking breads and baked tarts – they definitely got my tummy rumbling and ready for some lunch!

The decor in the cafe was just right up my street – very quaint and rustic. All of the tables had mismatched table lamps, fresh flowers and vintage books on them. It looked like a scene straight out of a Farrow & Ball catalogue!

I am more than happy to abide by these house rules!

It goes without saying that the food was delicious – we had soup which was served with freshly made crusty bread, and tasty paninis.

On the way out the OH couldn’t help himself but buy a huge crusty rosemary and olive loaf to take home – and it didn’t disappoint!
I know that the next time we are in Dorset we will definitely be making another trip to No. 9 On The Green – I just love to discover a new favourite!

Until next time,
K x

1 comment: