Saturday 19 October 2013

Saturday Stitches: Begins with a bird

This post will be my 51st and I am shocked – don’t they say time flies when you’re having fun?! I am so happy that I decided to start blogging this year – the web is such a fantastic place to find inspiration and read about lovely people and their goings on and I feel a bit honoured to be a part of it!

I thought I would start a regular Saturday Stitching post to encourage me to keep up my cross stitching every week and inspire you to show me what stitching projects you have been completing!
 This week I have been celebrating the end of Summer in my patio garden – with a little wildlife inspired stitch.

This was the perfect mini project to complete after all of the weeks spent on my Christmas sampler (see here). I found it in a project book which came free with a back issue of Cross Stitcher (I know, do I find inspiration anywhere else?!).

I love the sketchy-type outlining of the backstitch in this picture – there are a couple more birds in this series so you may see them cropping up one day soon. Don't you just love his teeny rosy cheeks?!
What stitching projects have you been up to this week? Why not leave me a link and I will check out your blog!
Until next time,
K x

3 comments:

  1. I love it! So cute! You did a great job. And yes, I love those rosy cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so so cute, and congrats on your 51st post! :-) Keep it up, I love your blog xxx

    Hips Like Cinderella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    You've won my blog giveaway for two tickets to Birmingham's Crafts for Christmas!
    I have emailed you with the address provided, however I can't get through to you as the email keeps bouncing back.
    Could you please email me your home address so I can get the tickets sent out to you asap!
    To missimogensmith@outlook.com

    Well done!
    Imogen x

    ReplyDelete