Friday 3 May 2013

Friday I'm in LOVE...with pleats


As I was waiting for the bus to go to the Chic Vintique Fair on Saturday I decided that there was just enough time to nip into the local charity shop. There’s ALWAYS enough time to nip into a charity shop. I was so pleased that I did...within about two seconds I had found the perfect dress. Perfect is perhaps even an understatement! It is one of my favourite colours – very nautical navy blue, it has gorgeous little capped sleeves – perfect for the arm conscious, and it has the most beautiful pleated skirt. I have always been a little unsure about pleats since I don’t have a size 8 figure, but this dress sits perfectly and is so flattering.

While my mind was on perfect pleats I stumbled across an amazing vintage 1950s dress which my dress is an almost exact replica of. I love how fashion repeats itself and comes round again!
 
(http://www.adoredvintage.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=48&products_id=796&zenid=74Dtg7ebE3KT2KVa8,F331)


Talking about recycling fashion...pleats have a distinctly 1970s feel to them as well...
 


This is so delicate and feminine...
 

 
Just couldn’t resist this one!

Until next time, K x

No comments:

Post a Comment