Wednesday 1 May 2013

Stockton's Chic Vintique Fair

It was a grey, drizzly day on Saturday – not exactly perfect weather to visit a marquee in the heart of Stockton’s Parish Gardens – but the weather didn’t keep people away from Stockton’s Chic Vintique Fair.
 
When I arrived I was met with a wonderful array of stalls – from jewellery to handmade homeware, mouthwatering cakes to chic china. There was the sound of a bygone era drifting from the gramophone of Seventy Eight Spin (www.seventyeightspin.co.uk) at the back of the marquee and I felt the familiar flutter of excitement  that I get when I know I’m about to find some vintage treasures!

 
Don’t these cakes look divine?
 


 
I can’t get enough vintage suitcases...

 
I am desperate for a lacy removable collar!
 
As I am experiencing life on a budget I only came home with a beautiful cameo brooch – but it goes with EVERYTHING I wear so I couldn’t be happier to have snapped it up for £3!

 
The next Chic Vintique in Stockton will be the 20th July so hopefully I will have a little more money to indulge myself!

Did you pick up any vintage treasures this week?

Until next time, K x

2 comments:

  1. Love those collars! Keep meaning to DIY an embellished one! Looks like u had a great time! X

    http://hipslikecinders.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! There must be a blogger somewhere who has an easy tutorial to follow!

    ...off to trawl Pinterest for inspiration...!

    X

    ReplyDelete